23 years ago...

(The title reminds me of the song "2000 Years Ago" by Rescue. I love that song.)


Today, I am 23.
I didn’t really think about making it to this age. I mean, I kind of assumed that I would, but... I thought that I would probably die young. (Not that 23 isn’t young.) The thought of dying young didn’t matter to me, though. I had nothing to live for anyway- no passions, goals, dreams, or pursuits. That has changed.
I’m glad to be alive.
Since it’s Tuesday, I’m going to forego my newfound tradition of Tubular Tuesday (thank you, Chrysalis!), and instead think of 23 things I’m thankful for.
  1. People who love me (Yeah, without strings attached, too! Can you believe it?)
  2. A surprise visit from my mom, who also loves me (I know that’s not always the case)
  3. My cat, who loves me (He does, really. I’m not making it up.)
  4. Safe people
  5. Healing- emotional, physical, spiritual
  6. A job
  7. My year in Idaho
  8. The ability to hear
  9. God- he hasn’t given up on me.
  10. Herbal tea with honey
  11. A dependable car
  12. Options for my future (not everyone has a choice)
  13. Delicious, safe food to eat
  14. Indoor plumbing
  15. Health insurance (It’s been so long, I’ve almost forgotten how to use it!)
  16. Racquetball and friends to play with
  17. Natural remedies (when they work...)
  18. Hot water bottles
  19. Learning about tenosynovitis of the abductor picillis(?) longus (deQuervane’s syndrome)
  20. Voluntary mediators
  21. Cell phones/texting/facebook to keep in touch
  22. A laptop of my very own (I’ve had it for a while, but I’m still grateful.)
  23. Music and the ability to make it
I know that, when I’m depressed, it can be hard to see what’s good about life, what I’d be missing if I gave it up, or if anyone truly cares. But, truly... I am blessed. I have more than I had ever dared to ask for, and I am very, very grateful.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment