Feelin the same way all over again...

So today, I feel like I'm in high school all over again.

Not that I'm in a school environment, but the emotions (or are they feelings?) coursing through me are so similar it's like I've stepped back in time.

Perhaps it's because I stayed up late and slept in. (I never used to call 8 am "late", but I sure do now!)

Perhaps it's everything swirling around and happening at once-- I haven't had time to process through stuff.

Perhaps it's being alone in our home, with just the cats to keep me company.

Perhaps it's the uncertainty of my future looming before me, as hard as I am trying to keep trusting God about it.

But I keep telling myself that feelings aren't the dictators of my reality. They're there, sure enough. I can't deny that. But they don't have to define me, or how I respond and react, or how I interpret events. They're tools. Status updates, I guess. But they're not my destiny.

So this morning's devotional was perfect.

"Stop trying to work things out before their times have come. Accept the limitations of living one day at a time. When something comes to your attention, ask Me whether or not it is part of today's agenda. If it isn't, release it into My care and go on about today's duties. When you follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about your life: a time for everything, and everything in its time.

A life lived close to Me is not complicated or cluttered. When your focus is on My Presence, many things that once troubled you lose their power over you. Though the world around you is messy and confusing, remember that I have overcome the world. I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace."

(Ecclesiastes 3:1; John 16:33)

Yes. A time for everything, and everything it its time. Why is it so easy to forget that? I don't want to be harried, rushing hither and thither in mad pursuit of control.

It sounds so simple. In practice? Not so much... but I'm trying.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment