One Year Anniversary

I realized very recently that it's been just about a year since I started manifesting with fibro pain and increased fatigue. And what a year it's been...

Ups and downs. Lots of both.

I'll admit, though, I am struggling since I got back from the wedding. A lot of pain, a painkiller that's pretty mild and only takes it down to "barely tolerable" (meaning I'm holding my breath, gritting my teeth, and sighing loudly a lot), and overwhelming nausea from a med that's supposed to help with the pain. I'm not sure which I'd rather have... the pain, or the nausea? I really don't appreciate having both, I'll tell you that!

Anyway, I've just been a bit down. Beaten down. The symptoms (the PAIN) are relentless, and I find myself rubbed raw and beginning to bleed. Even my guts are getting in on the act.

So yeah... maybe I'm a little depressed... but I know I'll survive. I mean, I've survived every day before, yeah? Even if it's flat on my back, I'll make it through the day. The trick is to not think about the rest of the day and the cumulative suffering, or else I'll just lose it.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment