Workaholic

Actually, that's not true. I am just having a hard time adjusting to the "workaday world" after spending several months unemployed. And, for the past several years, I've been working several odd jobs/part time jobs at the same time, so I'm always doing something different. Now, I'm doing a bunch of volunteer stuff, but only one job, so... the job takes precedence. And they're milking it.

It's decorating season. I pulled an 11-hour shift yesterday, decorating the shop in the morning and then frantically trying to catch up on the day's dishes, and the dishes from the day before (as they somehow neglected to bring in a dishwasher?). On top of that, it was Tuesday, which is the delivery day for all the groceries for the next week.

I'm tired.

And I wonder... can I really pull off working part time and going to school?

I will, because I have to, it's just... I had no idea how well-rested I was when I was unemployed! lol

You know what, though? I praise God, because my body is able to handle what it could not have handled before. I'm tired, sure, but I'm not flat-out exhausted, wiped out, unable to function. I still have gumption left.

And, tomorrow, Youth Group is going backpacking, and I'm going with them.

Booyah.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment