Happy 1000th Post!

For my 1000th post, I thought I'd do a little something different, something fun. Here's a cool "about you" questionnaire that I got from another friend's blog. It intrigued me, so I thought I'd bring it on over to the dark depths of my lair.

1) If you could change something about yourself, what would it be and why?
I suppose the obvious answer would be that I would change my health-- I'd wipe away all the chronic illnesses and give myself a clean bill of health. I wouldn't remove it from my past; I've learned far too much from my illnesses to want to lose that. I would remove it from my present, though, because I have so much potential for making the world a better place that is going unrealized due to my limitations and it is incredibly frustrating. Also, I really really really miss backpacking and traveling. And do you know how nice it would be to go out for Mediterranean food again?!

2) What’s the farthest you’ve been from home?
Honduras, definitely. Although I supposed you'd have to define "home", since I've lived all over Still, no matter where I've lived, Central America is the furthest I've been from anywhere in the States!

3) What is your motto? 
If you have a pulse, you have a purpose.

4) What are your hobbies?
These days? Pinterest. Hah. Reading is a big one, as is writing, though I don't do that one as much anymore since it takes so much energy. I'm an avid movie watcher now, too, and I continue to be an artist. I used to hike, work, backpack, travel, cook, clean all kinds of things. That's a bit curtailed now, but I still enjoy myself. Oh, and sex. Does sex count as a hobby? 'Cause it'd totally be my favorite.

5) What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
My lifelong favorite flavor has been Pecan Praline, but I'm almost equally as passionate about Pistachio.

6) What two things could you not do when you were a child, but you can do now?
Um, well, drive. That's one obvious one. Another thing is write in cursive. In fact, I have a difficult time writing in print anymore-- my default is cursive. I blame that on my school. From fifth grade on, students were only allowed to use pen and were only allowed to write in cursive. Why? To make us more careful, I guess, and encourage better penmanship. I dunno.

7) If you could travel anywhere in the world – where would you go and why?
Ireland, Italy, and Scotland. Ireland and Scotland because they are in my ancestry and I have a fascination with the long and bloody history of the land and the people, not to mention that the land itself is utterly stunning. (To that end, I'd love to visit England, too!) Italy, because of the history of the Renaissance there-- the art, the science.. the FOOD! I want to see the museums and the buildings, and Drogo was raised there for a time.

8) Have you ever met a famous person?
Yeah, a couple. They're just people that a lot of other people know exist is all.

9) What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Definitely my self-consciousness.  I dislike being so affected by what others think of me, despite my best efforts.

10) One word that describes you?
Quirky.

11) If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why?
Metallic teal, because that's what color I've been on the inside since I was a child. That, slashed with streaks of razzleberry.

12) What is the weather like right now where you are?
Shifting clouds through a blue sky, patchy bright sunlight, kinda windy, but still pleasantly warm though on the cooler side.

13) How tall are you?
5'6. Depending on the the scale, sometimes a half inch gets added, but I just call it even.

14) When you were little – what did you want to be “when you grew up?”
Several things. A marine biologist, passionately; an apothecary (I had a little cupboard with small jam jars I had washed out and kept dried used tea herbs in that I would mix together to make concoctions and "cures"); an opera singer; a ballerina; an author/poet… probably more, but those are the ones that I can remember most vividly.

15) Toilet paper. Roll with paper coming off the top or the bottom?
Used to be an off the bottom girl, but Drogo is rabidly insistent about it coming off the top so I've adapted.

16) Favorite sport you like to watch or participate in?
Not a sports girl anymore, but I was big into soccer as a kid. I was an excellent goalie

17) What kind of food do you prefer eating when you are out?
Sushi. It's about all I can eat these days, out and about, although now that I've added gluten back into my diet I'm able to eat more. I had chicken alfredo at Olive Garden the other night for our anniversary dinner! It was so good.

18) Last movie you watched?
Black Death, last night. I'm right at the end of Save The Last Dance as I type this.

19) Would you like to be famous?
Nope. I don't need that kind of pressure or stress. I struggle enough with people's expectations as it is.

20) What book are you reading?
Hah! Which one? I finished Eragon last night, so I'm working through Eldest today. I'm on book 6 of the Wheel of Time series, I'm also going through Frankenstein again, and I feel like there are some others that I've forgotten or set aside that I can't recall at the moment.

21) If you have $5 million to spend in 5 days, but with the clause you could not spend any of it on yourself or your family, what would you do with it?
Well shoot I dunno! That's tough. If I couldn't spend it on myself I'd automatically want to spend it on my family, but I would donate to my favorite charities as well as send money to my friends with chronic illnesses to help allay their medical costs. (For instance, see this short little post on the monthly cost of chronic illness by Chronic Mom.)

22) If you knew that you could try any kind of work/employment and that you would not fail, what would you attempt doing?
Advocacy of some sort, I'm sure. Or massage therapy combined with abuse recovery and advocacy. I'm always afraid of damaging people more than helping them, but if I knew I couldn't fail? Heck yeah. I'd be all over that. Definitely a helping profession of some sort.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment