Pancakes are no joke.

Do you ever stop to think how much effort goes into just one pancake? (Especially an allergen-free pancake?) Think about it--you have to assemble your flours and replacers and all those fancy things, mix them up in the correct proportions with milk and whatnot. Then, when you've reached the step that would be a complete breakfast had you been making a hot or cold cereal of some sort, you must spend an hour waging smoky war against cast iron skillets that have no other desire in the world than to cling to your pancakes with sooty claws.

Okay, okay, I'm exaggerating. But seriously, pancakes are no joke! Especially when covered with peanut butter, homemade elderberry sauce, and raw nut cream. (The elderberries are from a tree I spied on my way to work yesterday. On the way home, I stopped and carried off as many bunches as I could hold.) Mmmm... Next mission: cattails. I plan to gather the roots and do a root-bake with some potatoes. I want to try a cattail pollen pancake, but I have to wait until the right season comes around.

And, a new word was developed today.

Immigrance: That particular breed of ignorance that comes from being new to an area.
In a sentence-- "My immigrance really shows when I try to talk weather with these Idahoans."

1 thoughts:

  • Anonymous | May 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM

    Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your blog.

    You have some really good posts and I feel I would be a good asset.

    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Thank you!

    Here is my web blog ... Massage Wilmington Nc (Www.Getjealous.Com)

Post a Comment