Resignation Letter

This is the letter I gave to the Boss when I quit. Much prayer went into this, as I wanted to do it in God's spirit, not in a mean, vindictive spirit. I want him to see that there are genuine problems with the way things are, with the way he is, but I don't want to be spiteful. So, here it is...

Pastor B,


This is to notify you of my immediate resignation from the staff of Camp _______.


There are several reasons for this, not the least of which is my health. As you know, it has been declining steadily, despite my efforts to keep it strong.


I feel that I was misled in our phone conversations when I was assured that I would have the time and resources I would need to make my unique health and food situation work. You can imagine my surprise and chagrin when I was informed that complaints had been made about the time and effort I have been putting into maintaining my health through safe food preparation, especially since I had been previously unaware of any problems.


The inconsistency I  noticed in this scenario has, unfortunately, comprised many of my experiences with your leadership. Though this be a professedly Christian camp, I leave with the impression that money means far more than people or standards.


I am grateful for my time at Camp _______. It has been a season of growth, learning, and intense dependence on God. Memories were made that I will cherish for a lifetime, and friendships forged that I hope will last as long. Thank you for affording me the opportunity. I regret that my efforts were not to your standards, but I did my best, and I hope that I was able to leave a positive mark behind.


Sincerely,
C

My mom thinks I should write a letter to the conference president, but I'm definitely shying away from that thought. Maybe it's what God will ask me to do, but it's not my first desire. It seems... mean. Like I'm trying to tear him down. That's not the case, I just know that a lot of people are genuinely frustrated and disillusioned with the church because of his leadership. Not cool. He's turning people off to God, and I don't appreciate that. Still... I think writing to the president is a little drastic... I don't know. Just another thing to pray about.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment