E: Embarrassing Moment

Who doesn't love to hear about the misadventures of others?

While I don't have anything super juicy to share off the top of my head, I will share a moment from just today.

The whole reason I moved up to Idaho was to be a Bible Worker for two churches in this area. Although they're about an hour apart, they're still in the same district, which means they share the same pastor and everything. Well, about 5 months into my term, my housing situation fell apart. My houseparents in both towns decided that they couldn't have me staying with them anymore (it wasn't anything to do with me, it was just life and other things happening). In one town, I rented a duplex from a couple for one month. After that, I ended up living in the other town (with my current family) and commuting for the rest of the time I was Bible Working.

I cut the owners of the duplex a check for the rent and utilities for that month, but they never cashed it, to my puzzlement. Since they live in California, I wasn't really in contact with them, and it was never really resolved.

Today, while unpacking my things from the summer and sorting through my other belongings, I came across my old check book... with the rent check still inside.

D. U. M. B.

So I just shot off an email to them, apologizing for never sending it, and asking if they still wanted their rent money. (I'm sure they will-- what sane person would say no? But I need to have my conscience clear.)

The funny thing is, though, while writing the email, I got a rather nagging sense that I had sent them a check of some sort... Huh. I'm not sure. We'll see what they say. They're honest folks, so they'll correct me if I'm wrong... I hope!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment