While I'm Waiting

Well, I've made my decision. I'm going to Y, and starting school in September.

It's a good decision, and it's been confirmed on several fronts. (Most importantly, my financial aid advisor at the school told me that it's my wisest option right now, financially.)

The Christmas concert is over, and it went well. I came to the point where I thought, "Que sera sera". It is what it is. The kids did well :)

So... I'm supposed to be packing. But I'm not. (Clearly.) I just want to veg, and not DO anything anymore. I'll get plenty of that on the plane, I suppose. I am going to exert my will and do this thing! Pack my suitcases like a boss.

Tonight, we're going to open gifts, and that'll be nice. We did a secret gift exchange, you know, drawing names? That made it so us poor people could still do something in the way of gifts :)

I had quite the experience on Thurs. I drove up the grade to drop off some bikes at a friend's house (they're currently in Thailand, and we're borrowing their bikes), and when I hit the "unlock" button on the car (not my car, btw), I accidentally "locked" the car. I ended up being locked out of J's running car for three hours... the ONE night that it had snowed several inches. And I was wearing tennis shoes, having just left racquetball. And, naturally, I locked my hat, gloves, scarf, and jacket inside the car (which was also remarkably warm and toasty). And, just as naturally, J has no spare key. Of course.

Well, after hiking down to the neighbor's house and essentially hijacking his cell phone (he had a severe  toothache and sort of endured the situation, but was a great sport and a wonderful help), finding out that AAA will not come to your aid unless you are the owner of the car, finding a piece of wire in the snow and getting in the window (only to find that it was too short to do anything), and ending up in the neighbor's house watching TV for a while, I finally got into the car when our local transvestite locksmith came up the grade to my rescue.

My, oh, my. I drove the hour home and fell into bed about one a.m.

I guess that's what I get for liking adventure ^_^

Thinking of going to Y, I had to challenge the "all-or-nothing" cognitive distortion that I follow so easily, and realize that, just because I'm not going to school immediately does not mean that it's not happening.

I heard this song today, and feel like it applies to me and this next phase of my life.

3 thoughts:

Post a Comment