Simple Woman's Daybook

For today... Sunday, December 4th, 2011

Outside my window... There are thin, sparse, ragged patches of dusted snow on the ground... but only in shadowed places.

I am thinking... how happy I am to have accomplished so much toward the Christmas Concert in the past few days. That there are so many things about Idaho that I'm going to miss.

I am thankful... that even when I become distressed and anxious, I know that those feelings don't have to rule my life, and they're not going to last forever. They are not who I am. I am thankful for learning and breakthroughs and counselors.

From the learning room... Did you know that candy canes were invented as a testimony about Jesus and his sacrifice for us? Yep.

I am wearing... slippers, blue sweatpants, tie-dyed t-shirt, and blue and white kerchief.

I am going...  to buy Christmas presents. Thank the Lord for the internet!

I am reading...  The Case for a Creator, Lee Strobel. It's good.

I am hoping... that my visit home will be good. And productive.

I am looking forward to... getting all my stuff packed.

I am hearing... K typing, C talking to J on the phone, the dehydrators going in the background.

A few plans for the rest of the week: To work or not to work? Depends on if my boss calls me back or not. Finish packing my room as much as possible. Talk to the school about financial aid. Prepare for Adventurers. Begin collecting cardboard for Christmas concert decorations. Spend Thurs. in the "big city" getting a haircut, researching trailers, counseling, having dinner with J and visiting her youth group. Prepare for my solo song this coming Sabbath. Work on Christmas presents and going away gifts.

Here is a "picture for thought" I am sharing:


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment