Simple Woman's Daybook

For today... Sunday, December 25th, 2011

Outside my window... My bed's in the basement. No egress windows. Besides... it's the middle of the night. Nothin' to see. :)

I am thinking... about food. And school. And moving. And the fact that I haven't called the S's at all since I've been gone (oops!). And R changing my ticket so I can stay here longer. And exercise regimens. And sticking to my "healthier lifestyle" commitment.

I am thankful... for a family that understands me... sorta. :) For people who crack jokes the same way I do. For respect of my personal beliefs, regardless of differing personal beliefs. For practical Christmas gifts that (hopefully) didn't cost an arm and a leg.

From the learning room... The Count of Monte Christo is equally fascinating and tedious... and quite a bit unlike the movie... but enough to where I can still watch the movie with enjoyment.

I am wearing... Pajamas, wool socks.

I am going... to go jogging with one of the dogs tomorrow. To work on K's farewell present. To work on our camp-in plans. To call the S's. To have worship with the kids again tomorrow night (got sidetracked by festivities). To call my grandparents and see if they'll let me bring my cats with me :) To talk to R about school plans and funding and whatnot.

I am reading...  The Count of Monte Christo. It's all-absorbing right now.

I am hoping... to not gain weight while I'm here. I seem to invariably put on five to ten pounds. I am hoping to help Mom clean/paint the house in Indiana.

I am looking forward to... church next week. Getting into a more favorable routine that doesn't involve staying up until the wee hours of the morning and having breakfast at 9, 10, or 11 am. (Ugh!)

I am hearing... the silence of a sleeping house.

A few plans for the rest of the week: R's surprise bday party on Thursday. Mb Indiana on Friday? No plans, really. Just enjoying my family, reading, playing board games, watching movies, and making good food.

Here is a "picture for thought" I am sharing:


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment