Simple Woman's Daybook

For today... Monday, December 12th, 2011

Outside my window... There is finally a thin dusting of snow on the ground-- and it stayed all day! I think winter might be settling in at last.

I am thinking... about last minute details to pull together for the Concert. About school... about wheretheheckamIgonnalivethisisridiculousamIreallygonnahavetoliveinmycar?! About trusting God. About fears and failure and hope and tears and independence and overcoming. About strength. About flexibility vs. instability, spontaneity vs. irresponsibility.

I am thankful... for my mother, and her words of wisdom. For friends and objective opinions. For becoming hairstyles. For a heater in my room. That I didn't drink that bottle of Coke.

From the learning room... The coloration of lunar eclipses is due to the sunlight filtering through Earth's atmosphere as it passes in front of the sun. The amount of volcanic activity on Earth at the time of a lunar eclipse significantly affects the perceived color of the moon during the eclipse.

I am wearing... white socks, green cargo pants, navy blue t-shirt, grey and black hoodie.

I am going... to pack a lunch for work tomorrow.

I am reading...  Nothing. Except I almost finished A Bridge Across Time... but put it back away.

I am hoping... to have an answer to this mess soon. To learn valuable skills and lessons.

I am looking forward to... sleep. Seeing my family next week.

I am hearing... my beautiful classical/instrumental music. Currently, Toccata by W. Byrd on the harp.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Work tomorrow, decorate/rehearse for the Concert on Weds. See the counselor on Thurs, last racquetball, then over to S's house to spend Thurs. night and clean her house on Fri. Church and Christmas Concert this Sabbath, Sun. and Mon. packing for my trip to WI. Also, making phone calls about school, tying up loose ends, trying to get the financial aid stuff figured out. Packing for school, maybe thinning out my belongings again?

Here is a "picture for thought" I am sharing:


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment