Secrets make leaders.



Went to a wedding today, which I enjoyed thoroughly. There's just something about two people uniting their lives in the fear of the Lord that's totally, completely inspiring and amazing and kinda tear-jerking, all at the same time. Especially when you've seen some of the spiritual struggles one of them was going through back in the day, and to see where he is now is just incredible. He left the Marines, and he's going to to study to be a pastor. I'm so proud of him! I know I didn't have anything to do with it, but I feel a little like a mother watching her baby boy grow up. Is that silly?

Now, when his younger brothers go through this, THEN I'll be in serious mama hen mode, because those are "my boys".

God answered my latest continual prayer quite definitely with yesterday's sermon, and this wedding.

Stick witih God's blueprint, and he will bless you. He'll honor your obedience, and it will be worth it.

Alright.

You know the funny thing about keeping a secret? It's... secret. Which means that when you know there are certain people reading your blog, you can't blog about it, because it's... secret.

As we used to say, "Secrets make leaders." I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I do know that the magabook leaders sure seemed to have a lot of secrets!

So... here I am. With my happy little secret... secretly. Yup. This is kind of a new thing for me.

And don't bother asking about it, because it's a secret.

I'm really starting to love that word. ^_^

Anyway, I'll just be moving on with my day... drinking chamomile tea and eating carob-nut squares, working on stuff for group tomorrow night.

I've got an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to talk about depression, and an echogram the day after to check out my alleged heart murmur. Then I work the next three days, and after that is a reception for my newly married friend. I have special music that morning for church, AND two songs at the reception! What a busy day that will be.

That's okay. I've kinda been isolating myself lately, so I think it will be good for me to be a little busier than I have been. Just kind of making the gradual slide back into depression, I guess, which I don't want to do!

Ah, life...

You can't live with it, and you can't live without it.

2 thoughts:

Post a Comment