Road trip!

Well, today we're off to see the wizard... if the wizard were a neurologist in a specialty clinic at a hospital several hours away. We (another couple plus C and I) will be driving up tonight and spending the night with a friend of mine from childhood so we can make our appointments with ease. I'm looking forward to seeing her again, since it's been at least 10 years, plus it will be nice to not have to leave my city of origin at 3 am to make my appointment on time.

I'll be packing light, but even when I take very few personal belongings I end up with a whole pile of baggage simply due to the illness accessories I must cart around with me, particularly food. Where other people can plan to simply grab food on the way, I have to plan for every. single. meal. and bring all of the necessary boxes, bags, tupperware containers, and extra ingredients. Not to mention that I also have to lug along a cooler for whatever needs to be kept refrigerated. It's kind of annoying, because I always feel like "that girl" who brings a full 3 piece set of luggage for an overnight trip, but it is what it is. It's not like I can just choose not to bring the stuff. Did I mention that I have problems with being self-conscious about silly stuff?

I'm looking forward to the trip, if only because I like to travel and take road trips, but I really am looking forward to seeing this neurologist. I hope that (s)he can provide me with some clues at least, if not full-blown answers.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment