I made it safely to the camp.

Upon arrival (which took two less hours than previously thought- surprise!!), I popped into the cafeteria to see what I could to to help... and left three hours later.

Tired... One thing I don't particularly mind is cooking. As a matter of fact, I rather like it. One thing I don't particularly like is cleaning up after cooking. As a matter of fact, I'd rather avoid it.

Oh, well. I guess that's what happens when you're assigned to the cafeteria. I'll be doing a lot of both!

Anyway, after work, I had a nice long chat with my partial supervisor. He'll be my boss when I work grounds/maintenance. Apparently, I'll be doing a lot of leaf-raking.

After our nice long chat, I finally began hauling things into my temporary little apartment, and... oh, my.

Bugs, bugs, everywhere (dead bugs, thankfully)... and mouse turds. Mouse turds in the bed sheets, which haven't been washed since who knows when (but I have no choice but to sleep in that bed, at least for tonight). It's cold. Quite cold. I can actually see my breath outside... and my heater doesn't work. Oh, but at least I have hot water! ...But only in the bathroom, which doesn't actually have a working light... which means no shower for me tomorrow! Cold water and I do not agree.

Oh, yeah, and my laundry detergent leaked inside one of my suitcases... but my clothes smell great now! (It only got a couple of things.)

What a day! And how I miss H's cozy little apartment already... or, better yet, my snug little room at home, with my kitty purring my ear off. Ahhh... home... That's what I'll be thinking about as I drift off tonight. Oh, yes... and I have to report to work at 7:30.

Gross.

Yay, life!! I'm so happy to be living it, challenges and all. (Plus, really, I have it WAY better than a ton of people on this planet right now. Yeah. Seriously.)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment