Sentence Updates

It's good to be home. Lots of memories- pleasant ones.

Hiking with friends is most enjoyable.

I do still very much want a dog... especially to have as a hiking buddy.

Now is not a good time for me to have a dog.

I was not nervous at all being up front tonight! Amazing.

I took the initiative in my desire to get to know an older couple in my church better. The husband reminds me of D- tall, bearded, and quiet, but very nice. (Or rather, D reminded me of him...)

I really have not been self-motivated AT ALL to work on my sermon for next week. *sigh*

Grandparents are amazing. Gramma's taking me to P with her, and buying me specialty food, 'cause I can't afford to buy it myself.

I put my resume in at the health food store near our house on a whim. It seems positive- they'll be calling soon.

My friend thinks that it's time I start looking around for a spouse. (Because I'm hitting the ripe old age of 24 soon, after all.) I halfheartedly agree. (She suggests my friend from TAA and SOULS, E! LOL)

There's a lot about Idaho that I miss. Especially the people.

It's such a comfort to be in church and hear the prayer anthem, knowing that my friends hundreds of miles away are singing the same song in church this morning. I can see them in my mind. :)

The roads here can be just as washboarded as the roads up there.

Apparently, I look really healthy now!

I'm a darn good cook. And if that's not entirely true, at least I'm happy with what I cook. (Pancakes for breakfast, quinoa salad for lunch. Bam.)

The more I talk to my mom and gramma, the more I realize that... my family is really messed up! We're talking generations of dysfunction here... and I think I'm, like, the only grandchild that really knows about any of this stuff.

I'm glad they're open with me.

A text to my mom tonight: "We played the appreciation game tonight at Vespers. I appreciate that you never give up, that you keep fighting no matter what. You inspire me to do hard things."

A text from my mom tonight: "I'm not sure what the appreciation game is, but I appreciate EXACTLY the same things in you. Plus I appreciate that no matter what, you can find God in the answer, and see Him and share His love in a personal way that touches everyone who meets you."

I pulled a bald spot on my head tonight. Everyone kept saying I'd make myself bald, but I didn't believe them... It's mostly because it's a scar left over from the accident-- the hair is loose in that section.

I found a good place to train for Mt. Whitney.

Thought about giving Holly to the pet shelter, but I don't think they have no-kill shelters around here... and killing her because she annoys me would kinda make me like Hitler, right?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment