Spare Bedroom Passover

I'm still in the throes of what I call "spare bedroom life". This means that, though I have illusions of having my own space and independence... I pretty much don't.

So, when it comes to matters like keeping a feast that my "landlords" don't believe is viable anymore... you end up with a Spare Bedroom Passover.

Factor in food allergies, and it looks something like this:














Grape juice and, yes, those are Veggie Chips. It's the closest thing I have to unleavened bread. Well, either that or tostada shells, but these are infinitely tastier!

The Feast of Unleavened Bread is a little tricky, because I can't exactly go through and throw out all my grandparent's bread and leavened products. Talk about awkward. So I figure I'll just worry about my own food and space, and call it good.

Contemplating the meaning behind Passover and Communion, though, has proved interesting.

It seems to me that most things in the Bible really boil down to trust-- am I going to believe that God will do what he says he will do, regardless of extreme circumstances?

That, to me, is the essence of Passover. Freedom from literal slavery, freedom from figurative slavery... do I really believe God can do it? That's definitely a personal challenge to me at this point, as I look at the bondage of fear that I have been a slave to for so long... and find myself wondering, "Can God really heal me? Will God really heal me??"

I'm glad to have these reminders and food for thought.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment