Onward, life!

J came and stayed with me for a couple of days. It was real nice- reminiscent of our roommate days :)

Mostly, I think we just laughed and ate. Oh, and teased each other about boys. (Ahem, sorry-- young men.)

I got in touch with the school I'll be going to, because I need to begin figuring out finances and whatnot. I found out from the finance director that there is a course beginning in July, the very course I want to take! So, I thought about it briefly, did some date figuring, and decided to go for it!

That means I'll be visiting ID in about 6 weeks, rather than 2 months and some change. I've found a few interesting ways to make money- we'll see how they pan out. I'm not going to worry about it, because it's Sabbath now.

The bummer mcgummer is that C won't be able to travel with me, because it's too short of notice. He can't get the time off. I really want to take him up there, but to postpone school 'till September when I could begin in July, just for the sake of a roadtrip... that seems pretty silly to me.

And it's funny, how the obstacles for this timing seem to have fallen away before I even so much as knew about it. Like, the very day classes start is the day that we were supposed to be hiking Mt. Whitney. However, we didn't get picked in the "lottery", so that's out. (That would have been a major objection for me, and probably have induced me to wait until September.)

And when I was speaking with yet another J this evening, the new dates for me to go up there slip perfectly in between all the weekends that they're going to be gone. I got the only one they'll be home! (Triumph! hehe)

It's like God's setting me up or something... and I didn't even see it until today.

FB is back in the office this Mon, so I'll be contacting him about the p-m counseling.

My own counseling begins in a week and some change.

Things... are looking up.

This coming week I'm going to P with Gramma, and I'm going to sand down and re-paint the bedroom set here in the spare/my bedroom. I figure... I've got time on my hands. :)

Oh... and I gave away Petra. To the Humane Society. She was adorable, and I loved her, but it's the best thing. I know she'll get snatched up, 'cause she's so unbelievably cute!

Whew. This is starting to go fast. Time is going to fly...

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment