Mountain Woman Adventures

Something I love about coming back to ID is that I come away so inspired. Whether it be the lacy skirting green of new growth on the pines or the searing, scintillating blast of icy winter across the land, I pretty much enjoy it all. From food to relationships to music, I've been inspired, and I can't wait to carry it all home with me. I feel like I'm walking out of a department store at Christmas time, my arms loaded with wrapped packages.

The past few days have added significantly to my store of pleasant ID memories. J and I have had quite the Mountain Woman Adventure together, as we fondly call it. It started on Wednesday, when we:




Then, the very next day, we:






It was a 21.5 mile round-trip hike, and my pack was the lightest at 30 lbs. precisely, so we were definitely tired by the next day. It was a huge blessing to have such nice weather and a wonderful camping spot. We also met a hippie. And his dog.

Happy to be heading home, that's for sure!

Note:
-We saw no rattlesnakes, or bears, or wolves, or boogeymen.
-I forgot to take my meds before we headed out, so I did that first 12.2 miles without any support to my adrenal glands. Go me!
-B's map is wonky. Don't trust it. Trail 607=thecakeisalie.
-Talked to C today for a while, and a.) he says that he would like to play racquetball with me if we can find a place to play (Yipee!!), b.) he's definitely being vague (purposefully so?) about his "running around" and the nature of the errands that he's running. I'm not pressing it, but I'm suspicious that a proposal is imminent.
-Hung out with H most of Wednesday, and we've got a lot of wedding plans in place. I'm ready for said imminent proposal :)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment