Testing and ROAD TRIP!

I took my placement tests today.

The proctors informed me yesterday that, contrary to what the advisor said, the testing would take anywhere from two to two and a half hours. (Rather than the 30 or so minutes the advisor suggested!)

So, since yesterday was very hectic for me, I let it slide until today. I ate protein for breakfast, psyched myself up for a long, grueling series of tests, and... finished in half an hour flat.

Hmmm.

So, final scores? 120 for sentence structure (a.k.a "which English class do you qualify for?"), 118 for reading comprehension (a.k.a. "can you read well enough to even BE here?"), and 45 for basic algebra (a.k.a "we're secretly one large group of sado-masochists--join us!").

Tomorrow, I can hop online and register for my courses, and Monday, I should be able to call the financial aid department and get my finances squared away. (However, tomorrow, I'll be driiiiiving, so I think I'll wait until Friday.)

Ahh, yes. Tomorrow, I'll be driving "home"! I'm barely squeaking by with enough gas money to make the round-trip, but I can do it, and I'm going to!

Excuse: "I need to get the rest of my stuff!"
Reality: "I really just want to see my friends and my cat again, and I don't have any good place to put the stuff I'm bringing back with me."

Needless to say, I'm super stoked. Getting ready has been stressful, per usual for a big trip, but the excitement cancels out all the other stuff.

I have to pack my car, then I'll take a good solid nap before heading out about midnight.

P.S.-- Am I the only one that thinks about "what if I die in a car crash on my way"? Actually, I think about that a lot... the fragility of life. I have all these plans and hopes for the future, but what kind of safeguard is that? None, really. C and I say, "See you tonight," when he leaves for work, but how can we know that we really will? We can't. I just hope every day that the words will prove true.

And so I tell my friends, "See you in a couple of days! I'm so excited!" but really, there's no guarantee I'll even make it there, or make it back. Everything can change in just a few seconds.

Is that unnerving to anyone else? I mean, sure, it adds that flavor and dimension to life that could never be there if everything were flat and assured, but still... it savors of possible loss, and I don't like it. We can assume that everything will go on as normal, because for a lot of people it does... but not for everyone. And what if I'm part of that other portion someday soon?

I know, I know... somber thoughts for an exciting adventure.

I guess the best you can do is live so that you would not regret anything at any given moment. Do the dishes before you leave the house. Make the bed. Kiss your mate. Post that blog post. Read that book. Pray that prayer. Do whatever you must... but have no regrets.

If I died tonight... the only regret I would have is that I didn't get to see my plans fulfilled. Oh, and that I didn't actually get to eat a piece of cheesecake. ^_^

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment