Reluctant Adventure

Made it safe to my destination in the wee hours of the morning. Almost exactly 24 hours on the road, with a stop for a one hour nap once.

Let's just say that those 5 Hour Energy drinks really do work--not to get you hyped up and jittery, but to keep you alert and rational, not feeling sleepy at all.

I wasn't looking forward to the drive, because, let's face it-- 24 hours straight is grueling.

Some "minor" events came up that I survived-- gas-guzzling that I hadn't predicted, dense fog, freezing rainstorm, deer in the road, car's heater/ac breaking somewhere after Salt Lake City, boredom and loneliness, construction (LOTS and LOTS of construction), "seeing things" from lack of sleep...

Grabbed a few hours of sleep before hanging out with my "family" for many hours. Now, though... I need a nap. Like, physically need. I don't think I can make it to bedtime without one.

Not looking forward to the drive home, either. Happy to be here, but I wish there were another (faster), less grueling way.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment