Sleeping Dogs

"So they tell me you were a Bible worker."

Ahhh, my reputation precedes me. Am I branded in my forehead or something??

"Yes, I was."

"Did you go to any particular training for that?"

"Well, I went to a little Bible college called SOULS West."

--Ensuing conversation about different qualifications for being a Bible worker--

"So you've given up Bible work, then?"

"Yes, I have."

"But not given up on the Bible?"

"No, of course not!"

And I wonder... what would happen if I told the truth about the matter, rather than just my politically/religiously correct knee-jerk response?

But, really, how do you sum up such a complicated phase in your journey in just a few words? And I don't feel like explaining all of this to a stranger... much less this kind of stranger.

I guess sometimes it's better to just let sleeping dogs lie.

So much for authenticity.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment