Responsible

Today, I have been responsible. More so this evening, than anything else... because I didn't roll out of bed until 8:30. The horror! The humanity! The 9 hours of sleep and then an hour of daydreaming! The I can't believe how bad that actually sounds until I write it down! Heh.

Well, leisure time, I bid you adieu. I got a job as a sub waitress/dishwasher at a local restaurant today. I work tomorrow and the day after, and can I just take a moment here to mention how much I dislike working in the food industry? Good thing it's not all the time. Still, it's something to be endured, not enjoyed... especially a joint like that. They're notorious for having a bad working environment. But a paycheck is a paycheck... and I'm alarmingly low on funds.

So, after catching my first appointment of the day, I headed over for a hastily arranged orientation at said restaurant. Then I ran an errand, caught my other appointment for the day, headed home, and dutifully did my duties. I made lunch and supper for tomorrow, I filled out all my paperwork, I took care of the cats and the mess that they made while I was gone (one accidentally got locked in the pantry this morning and freaked out. He knocked a jar of applesauce and two jars of peaches off the shelves onto the cement floor. Sigh.). I didn't overeat at suppertime, and I took my medicine. I have been responsible.

There's something about being responsible that sucks the energy, joy, and life out of me. LOL. Is this why grownups wear drab colors?

Eh, on second thought, it's just that it's been a long day, and... I realize that I'm working at a restaurant. Mer.

D went in to surgery today. I prayed for him quite a bit, but I'm not frightened, or worried, or sad, or happy, or... anything. I haven't let myself feel anything about it. It's odd to feel nothing about something so typically emotion-inducing. He's in ICU now, from what I understand. The surgery was quite extensive.

As I was writing that last paragraph, one of the new kittens, Holly, had a seizure. It freaked the living daylights out of me-- I thought she was going to die right there in front of me. The vet says that, though they look horrible, it's okay. If she has multiple seizures, it means she has epilepsy, and we'll have to put her on meds. She's fine now, though.

There's a fly spinning around in circles on my floor, like a buzzing top. Has this whole world gone mad?! (Upon closer inspection, I see that it is because it somehow landed upside down, on its back. How does that even happen??)

Now, responsibly, I am going to bed, so I can go to work tomorrow like a good adult.

Would it change anything if I claimed I had the soul of an artist? That typical work isn't for me? No? Oh, well. Guess I'm going to work, then. :)

Besides... I have the goal of getting rid of my car and getting a truck and fifth wheel, so I don't have to live in an apartment. Wouldn't that be super cool?!

1 thoughts:

Post a Comment