Mountain Biking

Youth group went "mountain biking" yesterday. I put it in quotes because it wasn't particularly rugged or arduous... unless you're totally not used to anything like it. Like myself.

But I surely enjoyed myself! And I proved to myself that I can endure even past what I think is my stopping point. There were times when I wasn't sure I would be able to go on, but I did, and I rode the entire course. Go me! LOL

However, I did wipe out within the first five minutes. Of course. I ate it pretty hard, too. K wasn't impressed, but then she's an EMT, so what do you expect? She gets to scrape guts off of asphalt, so my little boo boo didn't rate very high. ;)  Plus she and her bro are quite rugged and intense. Wounds don't stop them. *Sigh* I want to be like that.

Still... I did a pretty good number on myself.

Pretty good, huh?


The next day
Aaaaand... my poor, banged up legs.


It's a good thing it was cold and I was wearing several layers. I'd hate to see what would have happened had I been biking in shorts and a tank top!

And, after this trip, I think that S is right. D LOVES being outdoors... I'm just not cut out for him.

Bah. It's better to admit I was wrong, than to insist on having my way just for the sake of pride. So he's not the one I'm to marry. That's okay. That's why I was praying so hard for wisdom, direction, and guidance... in the likely event that I was wrong and it wasn't God's voice I was hearing, but rather my own emotions.

And I'm not writing him off. If God wants to bring him back into my life at some point in the future, that's nice. He's a great guy. I love him. But I'm letting him go, and I'm letting go, period. 

It's just you and me, God. Again. Like it should be. :)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment