A Simple Woman's Daybook

I got this from Homespun Simplicity, and I really like it-- thought I'd give it a try.

For today... Sunday, October 30, 2011

Outside my window... The remnants of last night's light frost are almost gone. Warm sunlight washes over everything, but doesn't do much to dispel the chill of the air coming through the window. Birds are singing, and all is apparently right with the world.

I am thinking... of what I'd like to get accomplished today, and also thinking how we really can't know what the day holds. I can make plans, but the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.

I am thankful... for the warmth of my house, for having the house all to myself while I process and recharge (introverts, you know ^_^), for the cats that bring delight to my life, and that I have food and shelter.

From the learning room... I've been studying God's holy days. Quite fascinating. Quite intriguing. Quite... interesting.

I am wearing... my pajamas. :)

I am going... Absolutely nowhere today. I am going to work in the garden, plant the overlooked cabbage and kale seedlings, put up produce, and sort through my hope chest (what do I want/need to take with me when I move out?). I am also going to begin planning our church's Christmas Concert dealie. And, time permitting, I'm going to work on a couple of going-away gifts. I'm definitely going to tackle the remainder of my school application today.

I am reading... He Loves Me! by Wayne Jacobsen and Best Loved Poems of the American People.

I am hoping... to accomplish a lot today without having to prod myself on with guilt or shame.

I am looking forward to... Moving into my very own little apartment! I was researching apartments last night, and I'm getting jazzed.

I am hearing... The breathy hum of my heater, birds outside, and the clicking of my fingers on the keyboard.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Adventurers planning session tomorrow, along with getting the Christmas Concert sorted out and emails sent and hanging out with H (driving out to the Selway?). Thursday, a meeting with my counselor followed by racquetball. Welcoming the family home from D's cancer surgery whenever they release him from the hospital. Perhaps baking bread? Organizing, cleaning, packing some. Getting my school application done and turned in.

Here is a "picture for thought" I am sharing:

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment