Good news!

After becoming increasingly ill during our visit to Mom's sister, Mom and I both picked up a nasty little stomach virus. I got it worse than her, and was throwing up the first half of the way home. By this morning, I could no longer keep liquids down.

Mom took care of Peanut today, though she was so sick herself, so R came home early and took over care so Mom could collapse on the couch.

I don't know much of what went on today, as I was either asleep or writhing in agony until about 5:30 p.m. Had some crazy dreams.

But good news-- I started keeping water and flat ginger ale down this evening, and I have successfully kept a banana down for the last 10 minutes as well. I have heartburn like nobody's business, but I'm going to try some rice and see how that sits. Mom is also eating now, as well. She had fruit salad and some yogurt. She wasn't throwing up, but had her own, uh, set of problems.

I'm thinking it was only a 24 hour virus... hoping, anyway. I think we're on the mend.

Happy new year. Hah.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment