Really??

It's funny how I kinda blog in my head now... stringing words and paragraphs together to describe what I'm going through at the moment... The only problem is that I never actually put them on paper. They simply vanish into the mists of oblivion, never to be recalled.

I had a great day hanging out with a friend recently. I've realized just how much I value relationships, and I'm glad this one is growing. We complement each other well, I think. I ferreted out her secret (to her chagrin?), but surely she knows that I'd never reveal it to anyone. She needs her outlet just as much as I do mine, and it would be the worst sort of treason to betray such a tender, unguarded place. Like killing a kitten. She and I are alot alike... yet, I have the support of my family, and I gather that she does not. There was a sort of guarded sadness about the subject... I think there's alot of pain there. I understand that, too. I don't know why I get the support and she doesn't, but I know that El Shaddai, God the Provider, is walking with us both through our separate paths. I'll have to be content with that for now. But I wish I could fix her heart!!

Then the electricity went out yesterday. Actually, technically, it went out Monday night, because it was storming mightily. SO, we got to enjoy a whole day of pioneer living! Wood stoves, oil lamps, and hauling buckets of water--the whole nine yards! Only, we DID use the toilets, and I was texting. Even the phone line went out! But my cell was still able to text. It was a most enjoyable day of just chilling, reading, and... I was convicted. I had decided to take a "hiatus" from Therapy Day, known to the rest of the world as Tuesday. I was tired of fighting, honestly, so I decided to call it quits for a while. Well, God blacked out northern Idaho, and I was able to read instead of work, and I was totally convicted that, in making that decision, I was doing it out of self-protection, and going against God's plans for my life at this time. So I apologized, and I won't be skipping a day again. Who knows but we might get 7 feet of snow? ^_^

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment