Blogaholic in the building...

...and shortly to be leaving. We're heading down to the "old house" tomorrow morning, so I can help mom paint and sand and drywall and whatever else needs to be done to get the thing into selling condition. It oughta be fun! And quite satisfying. And it will ease R's mind, I'm sure. I forgot, though, how much effort it takes to haul foodstuffs with me when I travel. Ugh.

I've thought about being homeless for a summer, just to see what it's like, but can you imagine me standing out there with a sign, "Will work for gluten-free, soy-free, almond-free, garlic-free, egg-free, dairy-free, (preferably vegan) food"? I think not.

I will have no internet while I'm down at the old house, so I'll have to suck it up and internet fast. (Like I haven't been this whole week lol)

I'm gonna help K paint and redecorate her room whilst I'm here. I feel my dream of reading two new books slowly slipping away, since I'm spending so much time cleaning and cooking. It's not a bad thing. It feels pretty good, actually... like I'm doing something for Mom that she can't really do for herself right now (and, in effect, for the whole family). I cleaned the kitchen tonight. I'm happy now. Almost in a compulsory cleaning mood, like I could go all night. But it's almost midnight here, and I need to get to bed.

Oh, good news, though. The family likes my cooking. I think it was J that said, "You used to not be able to cook at all. Now you're the only one that cooks, and it's good!" Haha. It's amazing what you learn for survival...

Oh, yes, and one more thing... I GOT A CAMERA FOR CHRISTMAS! Yay :) Let the games begin...

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment