Surprise! You're getting arrested!

Ok, this time mostly music. (Again.) Wait, no... some words, too.

If C sang, I imagine this'd be the song his life sings to me on a regular basis.




His dad stopped by earlier, while I was moping around on the bed. C came into the bedroom and summoned me outside. When I walked out and saw the Sheriff's truck that C's dad drives, I yelled, "Surprise! You're getting arrested!"

The surprise? C's dad came over and arranged with C to get me a rental car for my drive tomorrow so I don't break down on the side of the road with my sketchy car (a thought that was weighing heavily on my mind). I'm responsible for gas, but C's dad is putting up the down payment that he'll get back, and I think C is covering the actual cost which isn't that bad at all. I guess D bugged C's dad about me needing a vehicle after I asked to borrow her truck for the trip (she was already planning on going out of town herself), and so he came up with this plan. I married into a really good family. When I asked C, "Why are people so nice to me?" he chuckled and said, "What, do you think we're a bunch of jerks? We only act like it. We're nice to people in our circle." LOL

Truly, though, it surprised me. I didn't really consider C's dad as a caring individual, but I'm starting to reconsider that. I think he's a lot like C-- hard on the outside, especially if you don't know him, but tender on the inside to those inside his protective circle. C is a big, tender soft teddy bear around me, but some of my friends won't believe it. They don't buy that he actually has feelings. It's pretty funny. But I try not to blow his cover too much... he spent years with the reputation of "robot", and I'd hate to spoil what he's worked so hard for. Hehe.

On a side note, S took me out to a sushi lunch today, and while we were at the restaurant he had a phone conversation with his mom. Explaining what he was doing, he told her, "I'm out to lunch with C... you know, C's wife. Ex-roommate?" It was a huge jolt to me to hear myself described as "wife". I'm still not used to it. I felt really grown up for a second, and then it passed. And then I stuffed another eel roll into my mouth.

Back to packing... as I've been doing for the last hour.


1 thoughts:

Post a Comment