Daydreaming

You know what would be nice? I mean, besides living in Id again... (although this daydream takes place in Id...)

On a day like today, when I'm feeling fully blerghity blergh crappy, but not in enough actual pain to require the blessed release of (effective) painkillers (yet), to have someone show up on my doorstep and be like, "I'm here to take care of you today."

They'd do my dishes, make me something light, tasty, and nourishing to eat, and they'd ply me with herbal teas sweetened exactly to my liking. Oh, and make sure that my meds were taken at the right time.

Then, after we'd both been properly nourished, they'd bundle me up all comfortably into their vehicle (because it's a lovely spring day in Id in my mind, remember) and they'd take me for a scenic drive with the windows down and maybe some pretty solo piano music playing in the background. No pressure for conversation, though we'd be chatting and laughing, I'm sure. Since we're in Id, we'll stop and pick some blackberries or thimbleberries, or splash around in the icy river briefly, just breathing in the sweet, crisp nectar of the golden air and enjoying the rush and hum of verdant life.

After a quick stop to grab some sushi to go, we'd head to a park and take a nap under the cool shady trees, maybe feeding a squirrel or two... (And did I mention that there was Az green tea involved in this whole adventure? And that I don't have to go to the bathroom ONCE in this daydream? Now I know it's a fantasy! LOL)

By now, I'm thoroughly exhausted I'm sure, so we head back to my house for an evening of popcorn, movies, and more herbal tea. I'm swaddled comfily on the couch in blankets and propped up by pillows, and I'm dozing on and off at will with nary a problem or concern about "entertaining" my friend.

In reality, though, that's not gonna happen. I'm not back in Id, no matter how much I wish I were. (The things we do and leave behind for love, I swear...)

If I were to craft a more realistic daydream, it would be this:

Friend shows up and says "I'm here to take care of you. I'm going to make you chicken noodle soup and grilled bell peppers, and I'm going to unpack your boxes and do your dishes and mop your floor and you're going to sit on the couch all swaddled (or unswaddled, as the temperature variances of your body dictate) and you're going to keep me verbal company and that's it. And if you need to, you'll nap while I do all those things. And then I'm going to magically produce a pizza that you can eat, and we're going to watch funny, inane, probably chick flick movies together. And you're going to drink herbal tea and take a nice hot soak in the tub and then when you are done I'm going to massage your feet with soothing essential oils and paint your toenails."

Hell. Yes.

Too bad none of that is realistic in the slightest. But, hey... that's why they call them "dreams", right? :)

2 thoughts:

Post a Comment