Affirmations and Our Deepest Fear

My Magic Box affirmation for the week: "Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weaknesses."

Last week's was: "All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

The week before: "Sometimes it's the things you can't do that bring out the brilliance of what you can!"

Before that: "Courage does not mean that you are not afraid. Doing something that you are not afraid of is easy. Doing or facing something that you are afraid of takes courage."

Soundtrack to my day: Drive, by Incubus

I feel like these affirmations have been seeds planted, growing courage in me, resulting in my determination to step out and to try working again. (To try to FIND work, rather!)

Last night, we read a couple of awesome poems that I wanted to stick in here, so I don't lose them. (And maybe someone else will read them and it'll be just what they needed.)

The first is called Our Deepest Fear, by Marianne Williamson, and it hits the nail right on the head for me.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


The other one is long, so I'll stick it in a post of it's own. ("It's"... possessive... that means an apostrophe, yeah?)

Here's my song for the day.



Sometimes
I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear
Take the wheel and steer

It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm beginning to find that I
Should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?



It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm beginning to find that
When I drive myself my light is found

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

Would you choose water over wine
Hold the wheel and drive

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment