One dollar over

Went to go pay on my bill for my upcoming classes (today was the. last. day. to pay anything. It's not that I was procrastinating-- I purposely waited until the last day so that it would give me as much time as possible to pay off my credit card). The balance was all fine and dandy, but there was a $25 enrollment fee that was unexpected. Do you know what the total came out to?

One dollar over my credit limit.

That's right. Foiled, by one measly dollar!

So I did what any self-respecting college student would do... and called my daddy.

Essentially, we just cut the middleman (me) out of our plan, which was originally to have me pay with my credit card, then him give me money when it came due, then for me to pay him back when financial aid came through.

So, challenge for today: be okay with myself and don't hate myself or jump down my own throat, even though my bank account is literally at $0.00 in both savings and checking.

I guess now, when I say "I don't have the money for that" it's a literal truth, rather than a coy way of saying "I don't want to pay for this".

It's gonna be okay.

It has to be.

(P.S.-- Did you know that the city where I live has the number one unemployment rate in the country? Nothing like a little dose of statistics to brighten an otherwise dull day ^_^)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment