Hallelujah!

So I'm back from the dentist's, and half of my face is numb.

Did you know that when there is an electric drill scraping away at your tooth, it very closely resembles fingernails on a chalkboard reverberating throughout every single cell in your body?

Well, it does.

But, on the upside, I did not need a root canal, just a filling.

Thank you, Jesus!

Especially since my dental insurance that I thought I had doesn't actually want to take responsibility for me since I'm over 22. Yep. You heard me right.

So, headed out to lunch today with the grandparents and my beloved, followed by group tonight.

I'm going to tidy up the house since the guys have mysteriously disappeared, and then drink some tea. The whole dentist experience somehow left me wanting to vomit a little, and I'm queasy.

Another upside: I was able to tolerate the pain of the needles jammed into my gums with equanimity, simply by reminding myself of my piercing and how I was able to totally nail that, pain and all. It helped. Though it did still hurt.

P.S.- I turned on my radio to do dishes by, and the very first song that came on was Dental Care by Owl City. How funny!!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment