O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! O forsake me not utterly.

Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word. Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

My soul clings to the dust: revive me according to thy word. Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.

My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according to thy word.

I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me. I have stuck to thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame. I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

Let thy loving-kindnesses come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. And take not the word of truth out of my mouth: for I have hoped in thy judgments. Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath given me life.

I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night. Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words. I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments.

Thou has dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto thy word. Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I have believed thy commandments. Thou art good, and doest good: teach me thy statutes.

Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding that I may learn thy commandments. They that fear thee will be glad when they see me: because I have hoped in thy word.

I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant. Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live. Let my heart be blameless in thy statutes, that I be not ashamed.

My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.
Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?
For I am become like a bottle in the smoke: yet I do not forget thy statutes.

Forever, O LORD, thy word stands firm in heaven. Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it stands. They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.

I am thine, save me: for I have sought thy precepts.
I am afflicted very much: revive me, O LORD, according unto thy word.
I have inclined my heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.

Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Uphold me according to thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.
Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe.
Direct my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live.

I have gone astray like a lost sheep: seek thy servant: for I do not forget thy commandments.

These are the words of my heart. Amazing that one so long ago could echo my sentiments so exactly... and also help me to regain focus and not lose myself in the wallow of my own misery.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment