Much ado about something important

Yeah, so after some runaround, I finally found out that the pharmacy had been faxing my pain med refill request to the wrong number. I got that straightened out, and proceeded to wait... and wait... and wait... all the while writhing. I could go on and describe how it all felt, but I'll save that for later. ;) (I'm fading fast.)

Anyway, after hounding both the doctor's office and the pharmacy equally all day, I finally got The Precious... after both classes. Boo. I had been hoping to dope myself up before that.

Yoga was good, as always. I had a "release" right in the middle of class, and had to leave to go sob. It wasn't one of those draining cries, though; it was very healing and relieving. I think that doing yoga and working my body in such a holistic way made it possible for me to relieve some of the grief and emotions that I'd been holding back from the trip to see D and from all the wedding guest disappointment. (Yeah, see that J? I spelled it right! ^_^)

I ran a bunch of errands in the gap between classes, and by the time class began I was so ready to go home and dive into a hot tub. I wish we had a hot tub... but I digress. I managed to stay the whole two hours, but I can safely say that those were the longest two hours I can recall in recent history. They felt at least 3 hours long each, minimum. I was in so much pain and discomfort, and my brain was soooo foggy, it's a wonder I was able to absorb anything at all!

But if this overwhelming pain and sickness is teaching me one thing it's that I'm tough as nails, baby! I may be whimpering to myself, but I'm still here, and I'm still doing what I gotta do.

Anyway, I finally got my meds, although it took a lot of self-control to keep from overdosing! I came home and jumped in a hot bath with a cup of hot herbal tea, because I've had chills all day and can't seem to get warm. Now I've got the house's heater running, I'm buried beneath my comforter and sheets, and I've got a lavender-rice heat wrap under my knees... and I'm starting to drift off a little. The pain is finally dulling, moving from sheer unmitigated misery to tolerable discomfort and mild torment, and I think I can get some sleep before C comes home. A rest, at least.

I'll chronicle my adventures as a Warrior later. For now? I'm enjoying my hard-earned reprieve from agony.

2 thoughts:

Post a Comment