5....4....3....2....1...

....And she's off!

This is the morning of my liberation, so to speak.

I'm sad to go, to leave my home... it has been the scene of many a dark and many a light day. I've done some of my best growing here.

But to leave is not to negate that.

And, on the other hand... I get to have an adventure!! :)

(I think my family sees me more clearly than I see myself. They talk of how I thrive on change. I think, "Nuh-uh! Change stresses me out!" But then I see my response to a day like today, and, well... I think they're right.)

Also, there's no one here but the cats to bid me a farewell. It doesn't really feel like leaving.

I have 3 suitcases and 1/3 of a hanger rod... (not to mention 2-3 boxes to accommodate my unique food needs.) Too much for 6 months? Maybe. I don't care. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I once said, "My life is out there on a road map somewhere- I just have to go and find it."

I feel that way today.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment