Ps. 56:3, 12, 13

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. Thy vows are binding upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" {Ps. 56:3, 12, 13}

I couldn't have said it better if I tried.

I spent quite a bit of time praying yesterday, trying to process through this fear. Blogging helped. I spent more time praying after my post yesterday, and I realized that my fears are, in fact, rooted in my insecurity in God's love. I'm so terrified to make a mistake because I'm afraid that God will love me less.

Nuh-uh. No way, dude. God pointed me right back to Calvary.

"I died for you, because you make mistakes. 'While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us', remember? I don't love you less because of them- I love you through them."

Wow. What kind of God is this, anyway? Who are you? Like, seriously. I'm so used to the mindset of the wrathful, vengeful God who has his eagle eye out for any mistakes that I have a hard time believing that this is the truth.

But, like the Psalmist said, you've already delivered my soul from death- you've given me salvation. How can I not expect you to deliver my feet from falling, so that I can truly live before you?

1 thoughts:

  • Hope | May 1, 2011 at 9:06 AM

    Cassy, I'm so proud of you for resting in God's love. Beautiful :) I'm praying for you...give me a call sometime and tell me more about what you learn about this guy!

Post a Comment