Intimacy

That's it. That's what I've been craving. Not a relationship. Not sex. (Necessarily.) Those two make up part of the whole of intimacy- emotional, sexual, and spiritual intimacy.

I've been longing for another person to truly know me, and to love me despite it... and to help me love God more. And, though I have that in several platonic relationships... that's not what I'm longing for.

But you know what? That's okay. It's okay that I'm longing for it. That doesn't make me a bad person. I mean, after all, God designed us with this need and desire within us. And boy, am I experiencing it.

So, someday, the need will be fulfilled... but until that point, the question is, What am I going to do with those desires? If I try to fill them some other way, that would be harmful (both for now and the future). So I guess I just have to wait.

...Are we there yet?

(P.S.- I do not have to have a relationship to be happy. I do not have to have a relationship to be happy. I do not have to have a relationship to be happy.)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment