Yes, I'm gonna do it! My own version of "Sanguine Saturday" from over at Dialectic Dichotomy. I think I could use a little funk breakage.

Triumphant Tales:
-I am going to shower before noon today.
-I got stuff set up with the chiropractor, all by myself!
-I am consciously evaluating my current commitments in the light of God's will for me at this present time. (i.e. should I quit/start _____ or not?)
-I realized that I am not theonlyonewhohaseverfelththiswayonthefaceofearthforeverperiod.
-I'm starting to "work" my counseling materials again, instead of just coasting.
-I have been able to significantly overcome my desire for self-destruction in the form of an eating disorder. Thank God I was able to kill it before it sprouted into a whole plant!
-I ordered several books on anger and self-talk.
-I figured out one of my favorite Tenth Avenue North songs on the guitar.

Thankfuls:
-Mom is back out of the ER again, and on painkillers.
-The fam. What are the odds that my host family would truly understand and encourage me?
-The cats. Buckets o' fun, I say.
-Peppermint tea, you have snatched my bowels from the diabolical grip of nausea more times than I care to count... my hero.
-I have enough money to buy counseling books. Maybe even enough to go see my loved ones come spring.
-My new chiropractor. Awesome sense of humor? Check. Teaches me as he works? Check. Kind, considerate, and not the least bit awkward? Check. Covered by my insurance? Double check.
-MUSIC.

Thoughts to Ponder:
This, too, shall pass.

God wanted me even before he made the world. He still wants me, even now. (Ephesians 1:3-6)

I'm not the only one who feels this way.

My pain shall not be wasted.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment