Doctor Hopes

And thus I have an appointment with a "real" doctor this coming week. Mom told me to send the bill to them. I balked and protested (because I said I was never, ever going to depend on them for money again!), but then I realized the sanity of that course. Mom said that they've discussed my financial situation, and they understand. Especially now that Mom's working. Really? I wish I didn't have a financial situation that needed to be discussed! Yet the way out of that is to go to the doctor and get better-er, and the way to do that is through the financial discussions and calming the accusatory voices long enough to ship the bill off to Mom and R.

So I'm going to a "real" doctor, a "primary care physician", who, hopefully, will refer me to one of the two endocrinologists that I could see. It was actually the *nice* endo's office that pointed me to this doctor and said they were really good, so here's hoping. Obviously the two work together, so that's good.

I was doing some research this morning on adrenal insufficiency flare-ups and whatnot, trying to figure out why I get so darned sick for no apparent reason all the time, and I guess that AI is totally linked to hypothyroid, and the two are totally linked to fibromyalgia (which... I wonder...) and all that is totally linked to IBS and (food) sensitivities and all kinds of fun auto-immune stuff. Looks like I got the short end of the stick on the immunity side of things.

Maybe this doc will be able to help me figure it all out.

One thing's for sure... I can't just keep doing what I'm doing and hope that I'll make it okay. That's not going so well. If I want things to change, then I need to take steps toward change.

Thank you, God, for insurance, and for parents who will help me to get healthy.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment