I spent the better part of the afternoon staring blankly at my textbook, trying to wade through it. Losing battle, and I'm so unfocused right now...

So I designed our invitations, instead! :) (At least I got something done!) And I went through the packet on perfectionism that my counselor gave me last week.

And then I drank more water, and then I took a shower while listening to my favorite Owl City songs. Then I realized that I'd had a hankering to listen to Lindsay Stirling's Shadows for a while now, but hadn't. So, as I was getting "dressed" (read: back into my gym shorts and sports bra), I ended up dancing around the bedroom wildly and uninhibitedly for a good five or ten minutes. It was fun! I haven't done that since my senior year of high school. No one around to see me make a fool of myself or *gasp* shake my hips. Or pirouette. Or do some sort of twist/Thriller combo. (Interesting note, I'm still plagued by my irrational fear of hidden cameras. Hmm.)

Regardless, it was fun, and a workout of sorts. My knees hurt now, but it was worth it.

Now I actually want to face some of the things I set up for myself today. I am vaguely hungry, I know that I need a good meal, and I've had a craving lately... so I'm making a hamburger for myself. If it were another day, I'd whip up a flatbread for a bun, but I'm just not feeling it. So it will be a naked burger... with mustard and tomatoes and onions. And some sort of veggie on the side. And sweet potato fries! Mmmm... and I can do the dishes while it cooks. Yes! (I've been really wishing lately for my special mayo and ketchup, but alas. I could make my own ketchup, and I just might, but I know it will go bad before I ever get to finishing it. Again, alas.)

So... positive check in. I'm okay. It's okay.

Would it still be okay even if I curled up in a ball and let the day pass like I want to?

Not sure about that one.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment