Awkward side effect

I have kind of an awkward problem...

I'm sure I've mentioned before that the pain killers I'm on do me a world of good. They buoy me back up to near "normal" levels, and make me feel like I actually have energy and can be happy again! I love them. (As B said today, "It's good to have you back.")

However, there is one side effect that I'm having trouble dealing with... It's not the persistent itchiness. It's not the shaky hands. It's not the feeling that I'm manic (because I'm so unused to having normal energy levels anymore). It's... well... it's that I crave sex all. the. time.

Seriously. I'm like a flipping teenage boy. It's constantly on my mind, and I'm talking about sex all the time. It wouldn't be so bad if I were just thinking about it and craving it, it's that my inhibitions are totally lowered, so I have no problems talking about it! Previously, it would have all just stayed in my head. These days? Nope.

I can't decide whether it's good or bad. Maybe it's neither. Because of my past, I've often perceived sex and my sexuality as kinda "dirty", not good or wholesome or worth exploring. Now, however, being able to be really open about it (and having a select group of people to be open about it with), well... it feels very freeing. It's like, yeah, I like it, and I think about it a lot, and it's not a big deal. It's not bad or dirty, it's an okay thing.

I do feel like I'm swinging too far in the other direction, going from taboo to excess, and I'm working on it. It's hard, though... it's like my hormones are raging all over again! But, again, I'm working on it. I've only been going through this for a week and a half, so it's not like a totally persistent habit that I've ignored for years or something.

But in that vein, I went out to dinner with J, her hubby B, and several of her friends to celebrate her birthday today. Some time during the evening's course of events, J and her friend B decided to do a bachelorette party for me... which will involve the three of us spending the weekend in Vegas. Oh my. I have a feeling that this could be... interesting! I told C about it, and he says he's preparing for trouble. He doesn't know what kind of trouble, exactly, but trouble. When I asked if he didn't want me to go, he said that he doesn't mind my going, but he'll be waiting for me at home... preparing for trouble. lol.

We both know it's not like I'm going to go out and get drunk, so I don't know what he's anticipating, but neither does he. Honestly, I don't know what to expect at all. I'm pretty sheltered when it comes to this kind of thing. It will be fun, though, whatever we do. J and B are super fun to hang out with, and we all hit it off really well. J and I are pretty good friends, J and B have been best friends for forever, and B and I have a good connection, despite only meeting for the first time yesterday. I'm actually excited about the prospect, if a little wary. What do they have in mind? And why Vegas? As horny as I may be, I'm not interested in male strippers. They make me uncomfortable.

On that awkward note, I take my leave!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment