I am a fighter.

Today, I'm feeling run down. Yesterday was a tough day physically, though I still feel that I got a lot done.

I took my walker with me when I went out running errands, and I'm glad I did because I was hurting. I didn't realize how bad it was until I was down on my hands and knees mopping the kitchen floor later and it took all of my energy to finish. My kitchen is like, what, 6 feet square? I did finish, but I had to spend a few minutes recovering enough to get up off the ground, chest heaving with the exertion.

Sad. That makes me sad.

So today I'm feeling run down, especially because I had a lot of gut pain last night and that always wears me down... and as I was contemplating it, I was thinking that maybe I'm on the downward depression slide... but I started to check my self talk, and I realized that I'm just feeling run down physically. That's okay. I'll just do what I can today, and it'll be good enough. (That further goes to prove my theory that what triggers my depression slides is physical problems, and then when I'm vulnerable and not able to perform at the level that I want to, the Should Monster comes in to kick me while I'm down. Then I spiral out of control and end up in the black pit.)

Anyway, a friend of mine sent me a link this morning to a post that contained a music video that really cheered me up and encouraged me to keep on fighting. Yeah, so maybe I can't do today what I could do another day, but that's what makes it a fight, right? If it were easy, I wouldn't have to try.

Here comes a fighter! :)

(Thanks, H.)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment