Achievement!

I have gotten A LOT done today! I went to work, went shopping for a friend's bridal shower gift, tidied the apartment, did the dishes, wrote and sent my thank-you cards for today and last Friday, e-mailed a large batch of GF recipes, and now... blogging. At last! :) All that's left to do today is wrap the present, make lunch for tomorrow, and talk to D. He said he was going to call last night, but, well, I went to the symphony, so he didn't.

I went to the symphony! For the first time ever! It was wonderful. We dressed up (even though we were all dog tired!) and caught the last symphony of the season. I was really impressed by how unified all the musicians were. I had never seen that many people playing in such perfect rhythm and harmony before. It was a beautiful sight... so complementary to the melodious strains that boldly flung themselves at our balcony seats.

(You're not supposed to take pictures... so I waited until there was a break to take one.)

Even the building was beautiful. The outside was brick and cement, beautifully styled, but the inside of the theater was even lovelier. The soft, muted colors really lent an elegance and luxury that I didn't expect.
So, basically, we had a grand time. But, oh, we were so exhausted when we got home!

H and I had worked the constituency meeting that day (which was a giant board meeting for about 900 people to decide who they wanted to be the leaders of this conference for the next 4 years), which meant that we had to be there at 6:45 a.m. Ugh, ugh, and again, ugh. I'm a morning person by cultivation, not inclination... meaning that I still have a long ways to go before I actually enjoy dragging my carcass out of bed before sunrise.

I didn't really have much to do in the way of work, though. We thought there would be far fewer volunteers than there were, so I got to sit in on most of the meeting. (Most of the work was at the end... cleaning up after a thousand people! Yikes.)

It was... interesting. Sure, sometimes it was boring, because I don't really care about bylaws, or the conference's interest rate on some of their debts. But I did get to witness a large range of human emotion. People watching was fascinating. I don't really know how to put it into words, but I feel like I learned something yesterday, something about people. I just can't put my finger on it.

I really, really want to go wrap that present now. Perhaps I'll get back to this later. We'll see.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment