05-07: Recap

I had a really nice Sabbath. H took me to the Spanish church she was speaking at, and I made an announcement about CCF, and I asked who would like brochures. Well, I had taken in a fat stack, and they wiped me out! I had to go back for more, and then I only had 5 left to leave in the foyer! :) Anyway, that makes me feel good... like I’ve made up for my previous apparent incompetence.
After church, H and I made stir fry and tapioca pudding for lunch, then took a hike and sat in the hills in the sun for several hours. She studied, and I read a book. It was very soothing... except for the tick attack I endured. I hate ticks, and this one kept coming back, and back, and I couldn’t kill it, until finally I did. Then we came home, juiced oranges into fresh juice, made popcorn and toast, and watched a video to end the Sabbath. It was so restful and lovely! It was definitely one of the best Sabbaths I’ve had in a long time. I typically don’t feel that it’s a very special day- I know it is intellectually, but it’s hardly ever any different than my other days. This one was different, though. It was actually a day of rest, even though we still did stuff. I don’t know how to explain it, really. But I enjoyed myself. I’m looking forward to next Sabbath.
And... that was pretty much it. D left on the ferry for A tonight. I didn’t talk to him, but we had already talked about it, so I know it’s happening. And the S’s should be in M by now. So it’s good, I guess. I just wish we weren’t all so far apart, you know? 
Time for sleep. I’m sure I’ll sleep well, after that hike. :)

3 thoughts:

Post a Comment