Ghost attack and bridal showers

I had a weird dream last night... it had a lot to do with prayer, but it also had to do with witchcraft and weirdness. I was at an elementary school. As a matter of fact, I was an elementary schooler (sometimes). Other times, I was just myself. I kept falling asleep in class, but for some reason it was okay, because something drastic and devastating had just happened to K, my sister, so I was running on empty, basically.

And one time the teacher called on me to pray for the class as it ended. I stood and said, "Okay, let's pray to God." Some smart aleck in the back snorted and said, "Which god?" I replied, "Yahweh," and started praying. Simple prayers... like the ones I usually pray.

And then, at the end of the dream, my "partner" for something was, apparently, dabbling in witchcraft, and it somehow mysteriously rubbed off on me. (I know that's not how it works, but it did in the dream!) So I started getting this weird rash and sort of turning into a frog, but as I stumbled outside in horror, I saw my partner there. I ran over to her, but suddenly there were people everywhere- sitting in trees, walking towards us, etc. They were mostly kids our age. The weird thing was, they were chanting "Too old! Too old!" (Presumably, I was too old for... something.) She ran towards the swings, yelling and hollering about how they were coming for us, and the swings were our safety. When we finally made it to the swingset, she told me that they were usually good about leaving her alone when she was on the swings. By this time, I realized that they were, of course, "ghosts". (Yeah, I totally don't believe in ghosts. I know that they're basically demons in disguise.) But I was scared in the dream, so I kept swinging. Then, the unthinkable happened... I fell off of the swing. Hard. It hurt, too.

This blonde kid had been lurking around my swing, and now he walked over, presumably to attack me or somesuch. I kicked him, and all the other "ghosts" suddenly perked up, like "Whoa-ho-ho, we'll get her now!" He grabbed my arm, so I grabbed his leg, and I was desperately racking my brain for Scriptures to throw at him. I started praying aloud for God to do something, and finally a verse or two popped into my head, and I was basically rebuking the devil when I woke myself up.

Whew. What an adventure! It kind of scared me, though... I realized how limited my arsenal of Bible verses really is, if I were to find myself in some sort of crazy, devil-rebuking situation. Yeah. It's time to remedy that.

So, today, I'm going to my friend A's bridal shower. I've never been to one of these before, so it'll be neat, I'm sure. Plus I love A passionately, and I'm so excited to see her again! It's been... over a year. At least. Probably 2. And I'm so willing to drive 2 hours for this. Pah! What are 2 hours? Please. I'm so there.

And I got her a gift. I hope she likes it.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment