Yeah, I did it. I wrote him an email.

I needed to let him know that I'm not coming back to work in the shop after the summer.

I prayed over it... I hope it came out okay.

"Hey B!
Greetings from California. (You know, it’s actually not as bad as I thought it’d be. It’s starting to grow on me.) I hear that you all have been having awfully cold weather up there, so I’m pretty glad I took off when I did!
How is racquetball going? It hasn’t died out yet, I trust... since I’ve been talking to people who still go. (I HOPE it doesn’t die out! I’m gonna need to get back into the swing of things when I get back. Get it? Swing? lol.) And did you guys ever actually go to the hot springs down by the G’s place? I know the group was pretty stoked about that.
I do need to let you know that you should put out a “help wanted” sign for after K leaves. I’m going to be honest with you- the situation that developed before I left for CA was really awkward, and I don’t feel comfortable working in the shop anymore. That doesn’t mean that youth group is out, but I think we were just spending too much time together. Sorry to change plans on you like that.
I hope all is going well in Idaho. I miss the scenery quite a bit, and the church, too! Can you pass on my greetings to the church family? Thanks.
Have a great day!
C"

Yeah... I just hope that I wasn't seriously, totally reading something into his words and actions that wasn't there. (When there's not an explicit admission of interest, you just never really know, I guess...)

2 thoughts:

  • kw | May 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM

    Oh, I'm glad. I was going to ask about that, so I would know what to say should the topic came up.

    Yeah... I don't think you really were, for reals.

    Oh, "A" letter to "B", I just noticed that, nice. :D

  • Cassandra | May 11, 2011 at 5:02 PM

    Hah. I wish I could claim that as intentional. (Maybe I'm just enough of a genius that it flows unanticipatedly?)

Post a Comment