This is dumb.

Every time the phone rings, I hope it's him.

Stop it.

I refuse to be another one of those dumb, smitten, infatuated girls who don't have a life outside of their boyfriends.

But I sure talk about him an awful lot. I console myself with the thought that it's because this is all so new and I'm still trying to figure things out.

Can I just not like my boyfriend anymore? Is that legal? Are you allowed to date and not like the other person? It's just so that I don't act stupid.

I'm frustrated with myself for my ambivalence.

I'm done talking about this.

This is dumb.

3 thoughts:

  • Jolene | May 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM

    No it's not. At least I don't think so... I like talking about him with you! You need to find people who you can talk to about him. That's how you'll work through your relationship.

  • Cassandra | May 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

    Thanks, sis. You'll be the one I call. :) (Good thing we both have Verizon!! LOL)

    It IS good for me to have people willing to talk about it with me though- it provides valuable, valuable perspective.

    I just don't want to be dumb. Clearly. :)

  • Jolene | May 9, 2011 at 9:19 PM

    Call me any time! I'm here for ya (especially now that I've finished three of my four classes!!!)!

    Insight. Perspective. Counsel. Words of Wisdom. That's what you get from safe people who care about you. Find those safe people to confide in... don't worry about looking D.U.M.B.

Post a Comment