The conclusion of the matter...

It's concluded for now, anyway. I'm going to uphold and maintain my boundaries, for sure. I'm just still not sure of what to think about B and where he's coming from. I want a friendship with him, but... not at the cost of my soul. (I'm not being dramatic, either. To refuse to stand up for myself on this matter would be a regression to fear-based silence, and the longer I do it, the harder it is to remember how to healthfully deal with conflict. And, as I think about it, it's funny how silence is really the wisest thing in some cases, but in others... you really have to say something. Same principle, different applications...)

The last few emails read this way:


C,  please totally disreguard my last letter, the one just befor this one.
I feel like I just need to tell you that I am very, very sorry for causing you the pain and anguish that you described.
You are fully justified in your accusations against me. I have no excuse  to offer. And I'm really feelling lousy about it.

B,

Thank you for your apology. I really appreciate it. I forgive you.
C



C,

Thankyou.
I spent Sabbath evening up in the mountains, stayed the night, then took a very long hike this morning. My heart was extremely, heavy over our recent correspondence; however the morning was extremely beautiful, the sun was shining, the air was warm, the signs of spring were every where. After two hours into my hike I came to a beautiful Cedar grove with beams of sunlight shining through, it was the perfect time and environment to talk to God. After sharing my burdens and shedding a few tears, I asked the Lord for some evidence that it will be okay. As I got up from my knees my burden was gone. I don't think I had ever experienced that in such a tangible way.
I had only been back at the shop for less than an hour, after putting my things away and making some toast, I sat down at the desk and read your e-mail. Thank you for being the answer to my prayer; thank you for bringing a beautiful day to a beautiful ending. Thank-you for you.
B

Well... at least he's not saying "I love you" anymore. That's progress.

But I still sense undertones of... whatever's been going on lately. "Thank you for you." 

Sigh. We'll get over this one way or another, I'm sure.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment